Event & Member Services Coordinator
Organization: Located in Lincoln, Nebraska, Alpaca Owners Association, Inc. (“AOA”) manages the
world’s largest, internationally recognized alpaca pedigree registry, alpaca show system, judge training
program, and an alpaca Expected Progeny Difference (EPD) program. AOA facilitates alpaca education
and marketing support to current and prospective alpaca owners throughout the world. AOA’s primary
purpose is to maintain an official DNA validated genealogical registry system, administer an alpaca show
system, provide education about the operation of sustainable alpaca businesses, promote alpaca
ownership and alpaca related products while supporting scientific research to the benefit of the alpaca
Position Overview: AOA manages two national events annually – the National Halter Show and
National Fleece Conference, providing competition, member education, vendor opportunities, and
public promotions. In addition, AOA works with members across the country to promote National
Alpaca Farm Days, where members open their farms to the public to educate about alpacas, the
industry, and products.
Reporting to AOA’s Executive Director, the Event & Member Services Coordinator will coordinate all
aspects of these national events. In addition, he or she will be providing services to members designed
to promote and enhance their relationship with AOA.
GENERAL ROLE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate all contracts, RFP’s, venue plans.
• Solicit and develop sponsorships, vendors, volunteers.
• Develop and implement event budgets.
• Plan work flow for staff and volunteers both in advance, during and after events.
• Coordinate fashion show, auctions, and other events for both AOA membership and general
• Coordinate all promotions, media opportunities and event marketing with executive director,
public relations consultant, and staff.
• Work with staff and volunteers to develop and implement educational programming.
Member Services Oversight/Coordination
• Work with marketing package members and benefactors to ensure fulfillment of benefits.
• Coordinate and work with entire AOA team on annual membership renewal and development of
• Work with executive director and staff on researching, planning, and implementing new
revenue streams including national partnerships, new on-line and social media opportunities,
and pursuing additional benefits of membership.
• Minimum of 3 years working with events and/or member services
• Demonstrated success managing and building a high performing team
• Experience managing multiple concurrent initiatives which may be years out
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, member data bases, and social media
• A natural leader, with a collaborative style and the personal and professional stature to quickly
build trust and earn respect at all levels
• Ability to effectively motivate staff and volunteers
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of technology hardware and software development
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to travel to shows, research venues, and advanced event planning
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• High energy with sense of urgency
• Willing to hold self and others accountable
• A positive, self-motivated, hands on-doer; leads by example; trust based approach
• Analytical thinker to provide vision, develop new opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree desired
To Apply: Email letter of application, resume, and list of at least three professional references to:
Bud Synhorst, Executive Director - email@example.com
Alpaca Owners Association, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.